5.01.2010

the better half



kr says that a friend should be happy for her friends' relationships as long as the relationship doesn't hurt the people in it. If a girlfriend or boyfriend makes your friend happy, then, as a real friend, you should accept it and try to be happy for her, even if you don't necessarily think the boyfriend is the best person for her. That was a confusing paragraph.


These two people are named Fanny & Bill. They got married at city hall this month. I've been pretty cynical about marriage for the past half year, but only in the sense that I think most couples shouldn't do it. In my opinion, it feels like many marry out of a sense of ritualistic obligation. Maybe it'll happen for me someday. Who knows. I dislike ruling anything out.

Anyway, I love Fanny's white overalls. I think it's a pretty good representation of how marriage on the whole should be treated with equal parts seriousness and humor.